Sunday, July 14, 2019

Aug 31, Friday, Last Day in our Harmony Drive House

 I love this photo of Elli.  She plays Legos here or just about anything else.  She is so sweet.  Oh man, the tears for all these memories.  She is my sweetest turning into a little lady.
After school, we took Bellah to the Cocherham's.  We spent the whole way there in the car crying and snuggling her.  When we got there, though, we got it together and shared all our stories about her and how funny she can be.  They were very excited to have her for a bit.  When we left, we all burst into tears again. 
Once at home, we played, grilled out, had fun with Lenny, rode our bikes.  Kyle and Meg came over with the kids.  Mom and dad came over too.


 Micah cried yet again and said, "Mommy, they will mess up my room."  He feels safe here and the unknown is always hard. Look how sweet he is sleeping here with his foxy and blanket, always with him.
Elli is less sad.  She is excited to be moving too.  I will miss her sweet little room and all the memories of them as babies here in this house.
Brent and I ended our night sitting on opposite ends of the blue couch, working on our computers with the TV on as is our normal night time routine.  So much will change tomorrow.  I hope we handle it well and thrive as a family.  Right now I am too sad to imagine.  Tomorrow we move.  Tomorrow we leave our home of 16 years.  Tomorrow I will cry a lot.  God has blessed us and will continue to do so.  I also recognize the emotional turmoil this is causing in myself and the kids.  I pray I am able to hold it together and be a help to my kids, especially Micah.  Being away from friends is going to be really hard for him.  Of course, we will have the Wolfs to play with for the next few months.  I pray it is a perfect transition for us from one home to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment