Tuesday, August 13, 2019

June 1st Tornado Clean Up

 Elli, Micah, and I went to the Franklin's to help with the clean up after the tornado.  We joined about a hundred other people, maybe more.
 These kids ran after the wagon loading it and dumping it all day long!

 Jonathan Mesloh taught me how to operate the chainsaw and I used it well. 
 I was a little timid but it was fun to learn something new. 
 We worked from 9-2 then had to take Micah's bike tire to the store before they closed.  It was good work and we made quite a dent in the littered yard.  You could see places of grass when we left!
 The firemen came by and offered water.  They also commented on how great it was to have so much help.  I was proud of the kids and all the families who came out to help.  A lot of hard work was done today.



No comments:

Post a Comment