Friday, July 21, 2017

Ellianna's Hollywood Birthday Party, April 22nd

 She wanted a Hollywood party so that's what I worked towards.  She described wanting a long black dress like a prom dress and a tiered cake with red carpet.  Well, I found this long black dress at the Mother's Sale for $10!  Can you believe it, even in her size.  Then, I found a way to make a cake that was tiered and had red carpet.  Cakes are not my strong suit, but she was thrilled.
 She was also wanting Hollywood style make-overs.  So, we bought a few make-up things and got the rest from mom's stash of freebies.  These girls did each other's make-up and nails.  Some even got their hair done!  Elli did Rayna's:)
 Mom and grandma enjoying, and matching.
 Heather, dad, and Megan.
 Sweet Lily helping Elli with her make-up.  I did her hair as requested, with a headband braid.
 We had red carpet leading into the home.
 All the girls also got their picture taken with their golden star, after their make-over.
 And of course there was jumping, lots of jumping.
 Elli is so grown up acting at times, like when she showed maturity and poise while opening presents.  But then when I see her gifts, I am reminded that she still has little girl left in there.
 She really wanted this doll house!  Sherry and Paula got it for her to play with her 6 inch dolls.
 It took her a little while to blow out all her candles.
 She has reached her grandma.  Elli is now 4 ft 11 inches!
 Gonga and Papa with their first grandbaby.
Micah wanted in on the make-over fun but settled for a couple of feather boas:)  Elli wanted all of us to dress nice, so I wore my black dress, Brent wore a black shirt, and Micah, well he compromised with a little handsome and a little fun:)
Elli is seriously straddling the big girl/little girl worlds.  She likes to be included in the grown up things, but still plays with her baby dolls, legos, and other pretend play.  She is still very compassionate and kind, and expresses herself well with words.  She is trying out some new little personality things like a new laugh, some new phrases, and such which just show us she is ever growing.  I love her like crazy and am even enjoying this new stage of life.  I have truly loved it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment