#ithinkthatsafunnyquestion #istheanswerfromGodorfromthetrees
Micah rode his bike with me while I went for a run. Fun conversation:
M-"Mommy, watch this!" Micah proceeded to stand on his pedals while coasting down the hill; a skill he has been working on all summer and now performs with ease:)
Me-" Great trick, Micah!"
M-"Some people can hold onto the handle bars and flip their bodies up and ride a bike."
Me-"Yes, that is a trick bike ride."
M-"Is a trick bike different than my bike?"
Me-"Well, the bike may be a little different, but they had to practice really hard and for a really long time to do that trick. Think of how many times they fell trying that."
M-"13 times?"
Me-"Probably more but..."
M-" 34? 42? 65?"
Me-"Well I am not sure how many times they fell. I only meant that I bet they fell during those long practices trying to learn a new trick that was really hard and they didn't give up."
M-"Oh, like reading? It is really hard so you have to keep working at it?"
Me-"That was a great cognitive shift, Micah."
M-"And then when you see and s you just know it and don't have to sound it out? Like VBS?"
M-"Mommy, watch this!" Micah proceeded to stand on his pedals while coasting down the hill; a skill he has been working on all summer and now performs with ease:)
Me-" Great trick, Micah!"
M-"Some people can hold onto the handle bars and flip their bodies up and ride a bike."
Me-"Yes, that is a trick bike ride."
M-"Is a trick bike different than my bike?"
Me-"Well, the bike may be a little different, but they had to practice really hard and for a really long time to do that trick. Think of how many times they fell trying that."
M-"13 times?"
Me-"Probably more but..."
M-" 34? 42? 65?"
Me-"Well I am not sure how many times they fell. I only meant that I bet they fell during those long practices trying to learn a new trick that was really hard and they didn't give up."
M-"Oh, like reading? It is really hard so you have to keep working at it?"
Me-"That was a great cognitive shift, Micah."
M-"And then when you see and s you just know it and don't have to sound it out? Like VBS?"
One hazard of buying organic is the occasional worm that hides in your broccoli, shows up on your plate in full view of kids causing you to be the big girl by simply throwing it away then making your children eat their broccoli too and then forcing you to clean up broccoli puke all over the kitchen from your son who was convinced with extra help from his big sister that he was actually eating worms hidden in his broccoli. #gross #ihadahardtimegettingitdowntoo#cleaneatingisntalwaysclean
Micah was sounding out the word "boy". He pronounced it "bo-yah." I said, "Micah is it "bo-yah?" (emphasis on the yah part) He said, "NO it's "boo-yah."
#hethoughthegotit
#hethoughthegotit
Micah, "Mommy, sometimes when you dance, I'm like... (insert facial expression that indicates embarrassment.) "
#notgoingtostopmethough #dancelikeyourmamayouknowyouwanna
#notgoingtostopmethough #dancelikeyourmamayouknowyouwanna
Elli, "Micah do you know what jeggings are? "
Micah, "Um pants where your butt shows through? "
Ha
#jegginsarenotpants #perceptionsofa5yroldaresurprisinglyaccurate
Micah, "Um pants where your butt shows through? "
Ha
#jegginsarenotpants #perceptionsofa5yroldaresurprisinglyaccurate
No comments:
Post a Comment