Though I was warned by my friend Tara Winter to "not, no matter what, get out of the car or kiss her goodbye", I parked my car, got out, took her picture, and kissed her goodbye. Elli said, "Well, you've done it every other year, why stop now?"
This evening, we got ready to send our baby to middle school. I know she is not a baby, but it seems like such a short time ago she was. She is nervous and excited and so am I. Not for school so much as for this new phase of life. I am not sure I am ready for this, pretty sure I'll make a mess of this parenting phase, but moving forward as it is my only option. I pray often for wisdom and patience in being the best mom I can be, acknowledging I will make mistakes but praying for grace as I stumble though. I have shed many tears, even as I am writing this as I ponder how quickly time goes, how privileged I am to be Elli's mommy, and how much I love her. I am still in awe of the emotions she has stirred in me from the moment I found out she was growing inside of me. I am not ready for this, but tomorrow we move forward just like we have been doing each day for the past 11+ years. #Godchosemeforher#middleschooliswreckingme #istillcryalot #shehasasupercoollockerthough#mybabyisnotababy #imstillgoingtokisshergoodbye
I told Elli that morning that is she felt sad to look around and find someone who needed a friend, and be that friend. I was so excited when I heard from her how she had done that and then I also got this Facebook message: Ben AndEmily Lori, Evonne came home today and said she was so happy because she made a new friend named "Elli".
Lo


No comments:
Post a Comment