Sunday, May 25, 2014

May 8-9, Traveling to Geneva

 They were excited to get on the plane.  Brent and I were a little nervous.  7 and a half hours later, we were not all smiles, but were happy to be there.
 We drove to the center of Geneva, and walked along the lake front for a bit, enjoying the boats in the harbor.
 "Wally!" Micah calls water, wally.  He got so excited when he saw the fountain.  Both enjoyed playing in every fountain they could find.
 This fountain is one of the tallest in Europe.  It just shot straight up in the air!
Before we got to this fountain though, we stopped for breakfast.  Note we had just gotten off a plane after 7 1/2 hours and the kids were hungry but also ready to play.  We were in a hotel restaurant and the kids were laughing at the table.  A lady actually turned around the shush them in a harsh way.  I took them out while Brent finished eating, then he went out while I ate.  Crazy.  We noticed on our trip though that not many people take their kids out to restaurants to eat.
 After the Garmin lead us up and over the mountains on switch backs, we arrived at Jenna and Justin's.  The reunion was amazing and I cried when I squeezed this squeezeable girl, Aria.  Such anticipation in seeing them, I couldn't help it.  I of course cried when I saw the rest of them too.
 But, there is nothing better than meeting a brand new baby girl for the first time.  I feel so blessed to have been able to see each of my nieces and nephews so soon after they have been born.  I sure do love that baby-ness.  Colette was even more adorable in person than her pictures.  What a special moment.
 Brent had to take his turn...
 and so did Elli:)
We enjoyed meeting up with Justin's parents, Eric and Rhonda, on their last night with Jenna and Justin.  We went to a little medieval town that overlooks the city of Albertville for some delicious ice cream and looking around.  What a great first day in France, overall:)
(Seriously, the garmin took us over the mountains.  We would drive for what seemed like forever to still be an hour away.  The time never got any closer it seemed.  What was supposed to have been an hour and a half took us three hours.   Micah cried the last hour of the trip because he was car sick.  We stopped a couple of times in the ski villages, but most of the shops were closed because it was not ski season. Not fun at all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment