Friday, December 26, 2014

Day after Christmas, Home again


The kids were quite excited to come in the door from traveling home to see their gifts under the tree.  Elli was quite amazed!  How did they get wrapped without her knowing it and placed under the tree for when she got home?  Hehehe, sneaky mama and helpful Devin and Becca who made it home before us.

 Elli opened a set of Beverly Cleary books and Micah got some new pjs.

 Elli took her own money and went shopping with mom to get gifta for all of us.  She got Micah a train whistle and a glittering baton, socks and a knitted project for me, and socks and a clock for Brent.  Such a sweet spirit she has and her excitement for us to open them was precious.
 Practicing his whistle.
 Our gifts.
 Elli got am Elsa dress, nightgown and outfit.
 Micah got new shoes:)  They are too big but he was so excited about them he put them right on and wanted to sleep in them!  He settled for having them beside his bed.
 Elli opened a horse trailer and Micah opened a digger that makes noise:)

 Elli was very excited to see this new sewing machine.  She was surprised because she didn't think I remembered her saying she wanted one of these this past summer:)  I love surprises.
 I got a couple of presents.  I bought a white coat, "from brent."  He got me a new brushed nickel container for my kitchen tools to set on the counter.
 Love my new coat.

 Not the best picture since Brent was trying to help Micah, but I got him a new outfit.
 Elli's pure shock at opening a tablet.
 Now excitement.
 She was so excited about it:)  She thought it was a phone.  It really is just a small version of a tablet.  I really wrestled with this gift.  I do not want her to spend her time on electronics, but at the same time, it is the only thing she asked for.  We have set controls and limits and she is fine with all of it:)
 Watching this little guy open his last present was very fun.
He kept saying "whoa" and "digger" and "whoa."  Fun times for sure.  I truly love this part!

No comments:

Post a Comment