Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Eve in Michigan

 Devin and Becca got to come home for Christmas.  It was so good to see them together:)
 A present for each of the little ones on Christmas Eve.
 Elli and Micah got a new remote control car for their toy on Christmas Eve.  Both were so excited, but I forgot batteries!  Bummer.
 They also got these adorable matching Christmas PJs.  One tradition we will continue is opening a family gift (the car) and matching pjs on Christmas Eve.
 A little Christmas movie before bed.
 Seth, Rayna, and Elli got to sleep by the tree in their sleeping bags.  They were so cute and actually slept well.
Sweetness all around.

I have been thinking about traditions.  In fact, Elli had to write about her Christmas traditions for a project at school and she wasn't sure what to say.  So, here we go:  1.) We bake Christmas cut out cookies very year.  2.) We open one family gift on Christmas Eve and matching pjs  3.) We make a gingerbread house each year.  Aside form that, we don;t have much more.  We go to Christmas Eve service when we are around.  We visit either my side of the family, or Brent's depending on the year.  I guess just being with family on Christmas Eve and Christmas day is a big tradition.  I think that is it.  No matter what traditions we have or do not have, I think it is important for my kids to know Jesus is the reason we even have Christmas, spending time with our family takes priority, and learning to both give and receive allows us to grow more in the character of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment