These two staring at the ocean, contemplating if they are going to get in the water.
Goofy kids!
They decided to get in. Micah made lots and lots of trips from the water to his sand hole with the bucket. Elli was a little more timid this time, but we managed a few good waves!
Micah wanted me to walk with him back and forth to the water and the sand.
He was so serious about filling up the hole! Too bad it kept draining by the time we got back with the next bucket!
My pretty girl.
Working hard.
Enjoying this beautiful day.
We were wrapping it up at the beach. It was a great morning.
She was trying to wash he flip flops off but it was not working so well for her. Those waves just kept on coming and washing right off! Thankfully, she kept them though, unlike me with my sunglasses. I lost them riding a huge wave in to the beach.
Straight from the beach to the pool. They played so well together today!!!
He did great with this little tube that Heather got for Elli about 7 years ago! He would swim all over the place.
He got brave enough to jump in, even with no one catching him.
She was in the water as long as we were near it. She sure does love it.
He wanted Elli to catch him over and over,
It was so very sweet. He did work up to the point where he jumped with no one catching him, and even wanted Brent and I to throw him in the water.
Elli being sweet in helping Micah straighten his hat.
Playing in the fountains of one of the kid pools.
He was so excited about everything. I often forget what it is like to experience things for the first time. One reason it is so fun to have kids. Micah was all about these new experiences. Whenever he found a "new friend" he would tell them all about what he can do now, what he saw, etc. Some people would stay and listen for several minutes, others would smile and move on:)
One last new thing Micah learned to do was to go under water and blow out his air so no water got in his nose! He wanted to do this over and over and over:)
We stayed at the resort all evening, grilling out the last of our food, playing more putt putt and shuffle board, and walking around enjoying all the geese.
I am not sure this is the best vacation we have ever taken. There were rainy days, fighting children, times when I was at my worst as a parent, and an unread book by the end of the week. But, there were also extreme highs of excitement, total love between us all, fun adventures, and laughs to make our sides hurt. I pray my children remember these times as they are learning from me. I know they are learning the good right along with the bad. I know God can use it all for His glory and I pray he does. Micah told me he was going to read me a story called, "Jesus and His Friends. They were on a team. The end." Elli asked me if I could teach her to be a mom. I told her I was as she was watching me. She told me she thought I was doing a good job. See? Along with me losing my patience with Micah for having to go potty for the 5th time in an hour, they are learning about Jesus.
Tomorrow we attempt to leave by 8:00 am to head back to reality and real life. We will miss vacation, but are ready for what comes next:) (Actually, Elli said she was ready to go home for VBS, Sherry's new puppies, and her own bed. Micah kept asking when we were going to our real home.) So, with that, good night Myrtle Beach, until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment