Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wednesday, May 14

 When we left Albertville, we headed toward Paris.  We stopped in Dijon on the way.  This was our first trip without anyone with us who could speak French.  We had trouble finding a place to change Micah, so I ended up changing him on a table used for a market.  The lady manning the bathrooms was quite excitedly trying to ask me what I did with his dirty diaper.  Through a series of hand motions and signs, I finally figured out she wanted the diaper.  I took it our of my bag and let her throw it away.  She was very relieved!
 We got to see this beautiful cathedral while there.
 Look at the size of the rosette windows.
 The beauty of the cathedrals in Europe is simply amazing.
 I took a picture of the street.  I love how close everything is and how the streets go at all angles.
 Someone gave us tickets for this carousel right in the middle of the city.  Both kids were very excited!
 So serious here, but happy to be riding this horsey!
The carousel was right by the fountain in the center of town.  I love the buildings surrounding the center.  I also want to mention that I had several conversations with Elli about all the naked statues and portraits in Europe.  Makes for interesting conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment