April 12th was a busy day. I had agreed to watch Aria for Jenna and Justin so they could go out on a date with some friends. I wanted to watch her and spend time with her. Leah wanted to take Elli shopping for her birthday, so I said I would watch the boys here for Leah so she and Elli could have fun. Again, I totally wanted to do this. Then,since Heather had Francine that morning, mom was watching Gloria. I asked mom to come help with Aria, Wesley, Luka, and Micah, so she came with Gloria! (Brent worked late but joined around 7) That is how this night got crazy. We had five kids ages 2 1/2 and under:) Dinner time was chaos, but the kids all ate something. (I will admit I was slicing cheese and handing it out to whomever happened to walk by) There was a piece of hot dog in the humidifier, cheese all over the floor, and kids with spilled food and drink surrounding them. I think it went as well as can be expected. My house resembled the aftermath of a windstorm as toys and such were scattered everywhere, but we had a good time. I was able to love on these kids and enjoy watching them play together.
After everyone had either left or been put to bed, I still had Aria. She was not going to be sleeping in the basement, or anywhere else by herself. So, I snuggled her beside me in my bed. She was touching my arm and face and looking at me with those sweet little eyes for about half an hour before she gave in to extreme sleepiness. This is a night I do not want to forget.
This night just makes me laugh hearing about it! Did you ever get that hot dog out? How sweet about snuggling with Aria!!!
ReplyDelete