Pictures at the Mayan ruin right next to our resort.
I really like my new shirt.
Anniversary dinner. It was steak night at the resort. Brent got a ribeye and I got a filet. Both were delicious as were all the side items.
That soup was so delicious I had at least two bowls! (maybe 3, can't remember).
Brent got this necklace for me. It was a blue topaz gem with both chocolate and white diamonds. I ended up returning it though since I already have a couple of necklaces from Brent that I really like.
I forgot to get a picture of our meals before we dug in:)
The desserts were both delicious and unique.
Our table had a view of the ocean.
Though you cannot see the ocean, I promise it is still there!
There was a full moon on the night of our anniversary. It is a little blurry because the water on the pool was moving but rest assured, it was beautiful.
we decided to go for a late walk on the beach. As soon as we walked out to the beach, we found some amazing sea turtles. It was so fascinating to see them swim in from the ocean and look for place to lay their eggs. We saw one turtle come n, dig three holes, and choose the last one as her laying spot. I felt protective of her and all those babies!
We did go for a late night swim. The water was so warm:)
The next morning, we went out to the beach to see the holes the turtles dug. The camera doesn't show how big this hole really is, but it was amazing to watch her dig and then almost completely bury herself with sand.
every ocean front property is responsible for finding the eggs on their beach and digging them up. They then re-bury them in a fenced in area for protection. After about 6 weeks, they hatch and head to the ocean where they will hopefully grow and return to lay their own eggs. The one turtle we saw laying her eggs the night before had 138 eggs in her hole. Amazing! I am holding on of them now. It is a little round, somewhat soft shelled egg. So cool.
This is the protected area.
One last little bit of sunshine before we left.
I took this picture for Elli because she remembered this flower arrangement from when she was here last, 4 years ago!
Our trip home was adventurous for sure. we got pulled over by some greedy, crooked police officers for apparently driving too fast. He then tried to get us to pay him $200 US dollars to stay out of an overnight stay, a trip to the courthouse/jail, and who knows what else. When he saw we had no money, he let us go after many curse words.
When we got to the airport, we realized we had left our immigration forms in our room and had to buy new ones. Not cheap.
I bought some vanilla at the duty free store only to have it taken from me when we landed in NC due to not being bagged appropriately.
I got sick on the plane.
Overall, not the greatest trip home. We were happily welcomed home by our kids, parents, Heather, Aunt Cheryl, and Apom. It was a great trip but it is always good to be home.
Looks like an awesome time!! Great pictures!
ReplyDelete