Monday, August 6, 2018

Albania! April 10-14

 Ruth and I were able to take a trip to Albania as Margaret couldn't go this year.
 We were in  hotel just down the beach from where we stayed last year.  It was once again beautiful.
 I love these sunsets right out the window from where we were staying.
 The food is always delicious and this dessert didn't disappoint.
 Julia was doing her student teaching in Nepal and finished just in time to join her friends Anna and Charlotte in Albania and the conference with me.
 Gregg was such a help in making this trip happen again.  I am thankful for him and the role.
 This is just some of the group of session leaders at the conference.  Rezart was there again as were Entelia and her husband.  Clementina, in the black and white dress, actually has a Christian School for Albanians.  We found out at this conference but she made contact with TEA after last year's conference.  So incredible.
 We stayed in Tirana with some of the teachers in the international christian school there.  This was their home.
 We enjoyed dinner in town.  Delicious food and low prices can't be beat.
 i took some pictures of the contrasting architecture.  This is an example of the communist plain, rectangular style.
 This is a contrasting complex building.
 Ruth, Cheryl, and I on the town.
 We went with Elona on Sunday to Skoder.  We were able to look through the school she has started there and pray along with her that she can open it up for Albanians besides after school programs.
 We also attended her church in the same building.
 Elona preached on Thomas and had her son Gabriel play piano
 This is the outside of the building.
 We went down to the Albanian Lake for lunch and authentic Albanian food.
 I have come to really love this woman, Elona.
 Sonja joined us as well for lunch.
 It was a great afternoon and lunch lasted about 4 hours!
 I really love this woman too.  She is so much more than my student.
This picture was so beautiful that I had to capture it.  Albania is a beautiful country and I love the people.  I cannot wit to go back and meet up with these incredible people again.

No comments:

Post a Comment