On Sunday, Sept 27th, we had the opportunity to see a full lunar eclipse with a supermoon and a blood moon. It was pretty special It started around 9:10 so I showed Elli right at the beginning. She asked me to wake her up when it was a full lunar eclipse. So at 10:30 I went up to her room. She was hard to wake up but looked out her window and said, "That's cool" Then, in the morning, when she got up for the day, she said to me, "You didn't even wake me up for it!" She still cannot recall at all that I woke her up.
Micah has an argument that goes something like this. "Micah, it is bed time, you need to go to sleep." "Mommy, when I am firsty, I am firsty. When I want to snuggle, I want to snuggle." (he stills says sungle) So, tonight I asked him what his favorite part of snuggling was and he replied, "My best part of snugglin is getting in da blanket and snuggling you." Love him!
Elli was telling Micah the story of how Jesus died on the cross and that people were very mean to him and hurt him. Micah popped up with, "Then, the hulk can hit those bad guys so they not hurt Jesus. Hulk can punch for Jesus!" Then, we asked Micah how long Jesus was dead. he replied with, "Umm, about 2 weeks and a half." He was so serious about it. Adorable and funny, but rest assured, Elli set him straight. She told him Jesus was only dead for three days and he can never die again. Preach it, Elli!
Micah likes to wear his Captain America costume and refers to himself as Captain America in the third person. He says things like, "Captain America runs fast" and then he runs fast. Well, he tooted the other day and I said, Micah, did you toot?" He replied with, "Captain America doesn't toot. God put springs in his booty so he doesn't toot then he uses them to catch the bad guys." Now hat is an imagination.
Elli is really into playing school these days. She has strings hung up all over the living room and hands out assignments and such to her students. The other day, I heard her say to her students, "Well, if you would quit fartin around you would know what we were doing." Yep, I stopped her right there and said she couldn't een play that way. Her response was, "Well, that's what Mrs. Sukel says to us." Uh, oh. We might need to figure out what her teachers really do say.
Daily, both kids ask me to play with them, usually tickle and school. We jump on the trampoline most days, go for family runs/bike rides, and play with tents and blankets. Love them and the life we are living.
No comments:
Post a Comment