Sleeping on April 24th as a 9 year old for the last time. I say it all the time along with about every mom I know, but it really is true, time flies. I have mixed emotions. I am sad that she is not my little one but proud that she is becoming such an amazing young lady. I would never want her not to grow, but I am sad to see her starting to push her independence as well. I know being her mommy is one of the greatest blessings I can have, but the emotions are tough. Also, please note the baby dolls, stuffed animals, and such. Her bed is mostly covered!
She begged for a fitbit but I opted for the drastically less expensive step counter in her favorite color, teal. She loves it!
Birthday girl getting ready for school in one of her new dresses. She took in some cookies for everyone.
Present time!
She has asked for a microscope for the last couple of years. The good ones are too expensive and the cheap ones are not worth the money. Well, one of my Cincinnati classmates was walking around with Elli and I at the homeschool convention and we saw a microscope that Elli really liked He heard her and pulled me aside t say he had some left over in his office fro ma grant. He was able to give one to me. It is awesome and came with 25 slides. She and Micah were so excited to look at all the slides.
She got a couple of outfits for working out, which is really the thing to wear these days!
She also got this fun nerf gun. It hurts!
Elli is really an amazing little girl. She is kind and compassionate to others, has a heart for those who have needs, does well in school (though she does not love to work at hard things), is funny, loves to play with legos, baby dolls, school stuff, tickling, and pretend, and we love her very much. I cannot wait to see how she continues to grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment