Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day, 2013

 We had made plans to go to the Springfield Country Club on a date.  The buffet was going to include all of our favorites, including lobster!  But, in light of recent events, namely Brent losing his job at Siena, we decided to stay home.  I made chicken tetrazini and spinach salad and we ate in the dining room on our china, by candlelight.  Elli thought it was extremely special, and so did we.  Micah enjoyed watching us eat off the china, but played happily beside:)  I picked up some pink flowers for my little girl who loves flowers and viola', Valentine's Day!
 I had placed an order with Scholastic book clubs a few weeks prior and got the books just in time for Valenine gifts.  Elli got a new Barbie book, and aIf you Give a Dog a Doughnut, and Micah got two Llama, Llama books and an ABC train book.  We read them all right away.  Micah couldn't wait to sink his teeth into a new book:)  Elli even read his books to him.  I am loving these ages.
 Another picture of our dinner table.  Elli took a picture with me in it so we would know I was there, but the lighting wasn't good.  So, just take my word for it:)
Gonga and Papa stopped by to deliver gifts and to get some Valentine hugs.  Guess what?  More books!  Can you tell we like books in our family?  Elli got a Biscuit book about Valentine's Day, and Micah got a book called, "I Ruff You".  He immediately dug in:)  (His book had doggie ears on top and he thinks they taste great!)
All in all, I think we prefer dates at home with our little ones:)

No comments:

Post a Comment